Thursday, September 17, 2009

What I Learned Today...

When I learned that admission into the West Texas Fair was free to anyone before 1 pm, I decided to take them up on their offer and give it a shot. It was free, afterall, so the most I would lose would be an hour or two.

Never did I think it would be such a learning experience...

Although I guess I should have known.




I learned the history of pork...


Apparently the Egyptians only ate it once per year.



And some swine terminology.

Did you know that a sow that has yet to give birth is called a gilt?

Me either.



I confirmed that I really want a goat. A pigmy goat to be exact. Look at how cute they are!!!


It dawned on me that just about anything can be deep-fried...


A fried pie?





Snickers???





Oreos, too?





Finally, be careful if you ask for a mere toothpick around these parts...
You just might get yet another fried item....the jalapeno stick.
You probably wouldn't be too successful at digging something out of your teeth with that one.




No comments:

Post a Comment