Monday, December 28, 2009

Going Rouge



Yes, it says 'rouge'. I suppose one could easily mistake that for 'rogue' in my case. I am quite the renegade these days...

*wink*

I don't know what finally prompted me to plunge into the red-headed scene again, but I can only guess that the box of coloring that had been loitering in my cabinet for well over a year now was one influential factor.

I hemmed and hawed...thought and thought. What for?
It's just hair. Besides, red heads have more fun, right?!

It's been about seven years since I last went rouge. Okay, so it turned out a little blotchy, and the quality isn't to my perfectionist liking. But who cares, right? I'll just slap some more color on it in a few weeks.

Typical me--the laid-back just deal with it attitude and the want for constant flux.

Luckily I have always been open to change. I believe that rocking the routine can do us all good once in a while. Getting too engulfed in everyday life, it's activities and chores can't be good for the continued growth and development of the mind. Switch things up a bit, do something differently, rearrange a room, read a book that completely opposes your views.

It's good for you.

While most loathe change, I relish it. It keeps me interested, excited and compelled to do with my life what I desire. Without it I feel stuck, lost and completely bored. One reason, I assume, that I am constantly on the move. If it was up to me, my 'home' would change quite often; I feel almost claustrophobic if I stick around one place too long.

This past year has brought with it many elements of change. Most notably my father's illness and my willing and tenacious efforts towards fighting off 'the bad guys' (ie. Big Coal). In regards to my father, all things must change. He can no longer do even the minute things he once did (at least not without added effort) and his body must be cleansed of all toxins if he hopes to beat this monster. Our home is slowly turning into a 'toxin-free zone' and our medicine cabinets filling up with an A-Z listing of supplements.

Then there is the coal war. My efforts have rendered me, to many, somewhat of a hero. Just days ago I received thanks from a friend's brother in Nevada. Admittedly, I have been referred to as such in the past, namely during my fight to overcome illness well over a dozen years ago. But that was a personal battle. What I have become ensconced in presently is a battle in which the health and well-being of individuals all over world is at stake. The changes involved are both positive and negative. Yes, I am thanked, but I am also loathed by many. In response, I have changed things up a bit, and--crazy me--am actually finding the entire situation somewhat laughable.

With the end of a decade only days ahead, one must wonder what changes are in store...this year has certainly been a trying one, not only for me, but for my family in its entirety. But good or bad, we must face change head-on and with a positive attitude. As Nietzsche is noted with saying:

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

1 comment: