Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Final Hours...

Five hours remain until I have completed my meatless month. It went by amazingly fast...and wasn't so bad.

Until I got a nice big whiff of anything...meaty.

Those chicken nuggets. That baked chicken. The disgustingly greasy burgers at the local fast food joints.

Mmmm....do they smell good.

Then there is the turkey sausage that has been staring at me for two weeks, calling out my name whenever I open the refrigerator.

Whitney!!!! Check out my succulent meatiness!! Bite me baby!

Wow---that baby is gonna taste goooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

I have been asked by several people if I lost weight. Not that I can tell. My super-sized booty is still there.

But I have learned that I can certainly live, and do just fine, without meat in my diet. And I have proven my incredible willpower. If I want to do something, want to accomplish a difficult feat, I will do it. I have what it takes to do anything I so desire.

Okay, not that this little test was a 5,000 mile trek through the Andes or anything, but in our deep-fried, fast food, candy obsessed country (especially here in the South) failing to succumb to life's little edible pleasures it pretty damn good.

The funny thing is that chicken is on the menu for dinner tomorrow night. One of those nice, baked chickens that I have been smelling once weekly for the past month....and I'm really not that excited about stepping back into the carnivorous world (other than that damn sausage).

Have I been converted?

Doubtful. But I'll keep you posted.


1 comment: